AAJA Chicago board is seeking nominations to fill the communications director position for the remainder of the year. This is a great opportunity for AAJA Chicago members looking to get more involved with the chapter.
We are an organization run by a volunteer board of AAPI journalists in Chicago who are dedicated to creating a more inclusive and just news environment. The term length for the communications director is six months, starting June 2023. The position entails the following responsibilities:
- Manage AAJA Chicago newsletter, social media, and website
- Spearhead event promotion and create social media campaigns to generate discussion with members
- Write copy and create graphics for all channels
- Use Mailchimp/Tinyletter, Photoshop/Canva, and WordPress
- Monitor AAJA Chicago email account
Please nominate yourself or another AAJA Chicago member by emailing email@example.com with your name, email address, phone number, and short bio of no more than 100 words. The nomination deadline is May 31, 2023.